short and (occasionally) not so short ramblings about the live music that i have "witnessed".

Friday, December 10, 2004

T.RAUMSCHMIERE ::

T.RAUMSCHMIERE
fluc_mensa / vienna, austria
22nd oct 2004

cor... that was one freakish evening! ok. so first you must know that i was up and about the entire week. not enough sleep, less relaxation, lots of alcohol, malnutrition. so, comes friday, rolling around and sez in my filofax in big bold letters T.RAUMSCHMIERE at the fluc_mensa. methinks: "nice one!"
so i call up a couple of people who might be interested, make sure to meet them there and then and go about my business. before i went to the concert i was invited to the electronic arts and sony computer entertainment "after fair" parties. FUNTEC took place and everyone was celebrating. of course, there just HAD to be free drinks, which meant for me and my insatiable thirst for alcohol big trouble. by 23:45 i was two thirds into a good, heavy alcohol stupor and on my way to the venue.
arrived, bought a ticket, had a look around inside, checked where my people where. about 15 minutes later the arrived and we had a problem. the venue was so packed that they had announced to NOT let anyone in who did not have either a pre-sale ticket or was on the guestlist! what to do? well, we pulled out all the punches we had learned during school, while being low on money but still wanting to get into every concert. you know, the usual scams: refreshing the stamp then going out and rub it off on someones elses hand, climbing over the fence, distracting the securities and door-handlers with the guestlist while others sneak in behind our backs and all that crap. another 30 minutes and all were safe inside. packed like sardines, we were.
anyway, by this time i was highly drunk, had hurt my arm (some wanker had shoved the door-knob into my elbow something fierce and it hurt like a motherfucker) and had troubles with my stomach (refer to the malnutrition part above).
T.RAUMSCHMIERE hit the stage, ripped out his dj-set and cracked the boxes! it was really good! hammering, stripped down electro-techno, punk-step, minimal tech and lots of rock attitude. that guy really know how to make it sound wild! but... after 30 minutes of this i couldn't decide what hurt more: my arm, my head or my stomach. quick money check spelled "cab and home!", so that was it for me. but i was told that the rest of T.RAUMSCHMIERE's performance was also great.

and on sunday i missed MONEYBROTHER because i was a lazy fuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home